Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello from Estonia!
2008-08-19, 12:20 PM
Žinutė: #1
Hello from Estonia!
Hi!

I am ratbreeder from Estonia. My webpage: http://www.whitemagicrats.pri.ee .
We just had our first rat and gerbil show, here are pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/viiger01/Lii...ykfWCg3HAE
Judges were from Finland.
Do you have a ratclub in Lithuania? Do you have rat shows?

Eva
Rasti visas vartotojo žinutes
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-08-19, 01:43 PM
Žinutė: #2
RE: Hello from Estonia!
Hello Eva and welcome Smile

Very nice website and lovely faces there Wub

To tell you the truth, rat fancy is in infant stage here in LT now - pet rats are not any novelty, but proper care, treatment and understanding of these furries still has a long way to go. No official real-life clubs yet, and the only shows I heard of are combined all-pet shows, rats are included there just for fun.
..Although this forum could be considered the only specialized and active virtual community, and as such is a "club" of some sort Smile

Breeding and breeders is a painful question for me personally, as most of what goes on here is back-yard breeding, multiplying or "fashion" breeding (breeding what sells best). And, to be honest, I try to avoid this breeding topic as it gets on my nerves to see things like this (and then looking at for example UK forums/studs, and seeing how things could be done - with proper attitude and goals). Of course, this kind of senseless breeding goes on everywhere, but there are usually "good guys" and "guys that don't care", so it kind of balances out. Here I still wait for the day when I see a breeder whom I wouldn't be ashamed to introduce in international communities with good breeding practice and traditions....
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-08-19, 05:19 PM
Žinutė: #3
Our Rodent Society is very young. This is the website http://www.pisiloomad.ee , but it´s in estonian only. Haven´t had time to do it in English.
I am the only rat breeder in Estonia. I do not call people who just multiply rats breeders. There are also 2-3 gerbil breeders and a few guineapig breeders. I am also a member on NFRS (english rat society) and Finnish rat society. All my breeding rats are from Finland and they have english antcestors. I have had lot´s of help from Finnish and English breeders. I actually started breeding because I wanted people to have a choice between breeder or petshop/people who just multiply rats.
We also have a big problem of people not knowing what kind of care rodents need (cage sizes, food etc.), but we are working on it. Also we are trying to educate people about breeding and that breeding petshop rats is not ethical.
Do you know if there is a rat club in Latvia?
We will have a show next year also and it would be fun if people from Lihtuania and Latvia could come also.
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-09-11, 10:11 PM
Žinutė: #4
Eva, I see your last post was quite long ago, but I've just accidently bumped into this subject, went through your website (although it is in Estonian) and must say that you have really lovely rats and very interesting litters. Estonia is not that far away... I think you might have customers from Lithuania. I fell in love with your burmese Nirppu... I am sure she has got marvelous little ratties. Looking forward to see their pictures! Smile
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-09-14, 11:50 AM
Žinutė: #5
It´s great that you liked my homepaige Smile
Nirppu is indeed very nice and also the buck Dante - both have absolutely wonderful personalitys. There is siamese, black eyed siamese, burmese and wheaten burmese in the litter.
Sari (the other litters mom) is also great and so is the buck Dominic. There is black eyed siamese and a few darker kittens (maybe black on russian blue) in the litter. I am really hoping for black eyed russian blue siamese.
I have not had any kitten applicattions from Lithuania or Latvia. I have only sold to other breeders in Russia and also Finland. Most kittens stay in pethomes in Estonia.
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-09-14, 10:01 PM
Žinutė: #6
I just got the second ratty-girl Liusinda (around 5 weeks old) to my older Zuzana (she is 6 months), and think that maybe next year will start looking for a third... Hope will be able to find burmese as they really have enchanted me!!!
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-09-15, 07:31 PM
Žinutė: #7
Yeah, burmese rats are really pretty Smile
We had our second show also this year. Judges came from Finland.
Do you have lot´s of hairless rats in petshops? We have a person (actually 2, husband and wife) here in Estonia, a backyard breeders I think is the right thing to say. They have been around now for few years and they are breeding (well multiplying would be more accurate) haitless, dumbo and siamese. They keep animals in really bad conditions and take kittens to petshops all over Estonia and I heard that also to Latvia and Lithuania. They have all sorts of other animals too - dogs, ferrets, sugargliders, snakes etc. They breed practicly everything that could be considered rearer. As far as I have heard thay are basically living from the money they get from reproducing animals. So how is the situation in Lithuania, are hairless also usual there in petshops? These hairless have lactating problems and somekind of eye problems.
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-10-19, 09:41 PM
Žinutė: #8
Well, I don't situation in Lithuania, but I can say that hairless (sphynx, fuzzy) rats are very rare in Polish petshops. They can be bought mostly only in ratteries, breeders breed their own rats (I mean, rats living in Polish ratteries) or buy rats from ratteries abroad. I think some Estonian rats live in Poland too Wink
Cituoti šią žinutę
2009-10-21, 08:51 PM
Žinutė: #9
Hi Svečias!

If polish people have bought rats from estonian petshops, then you have estonian rats there Smile It´s good if you have many breeders. In Estonia I am still the only one and probably so for a long time. Do you have any info if health problems have been breed out from hairless rats in Poland? I mean are they as healthy as furry ones in Poland?
Cituoti šią žinutę

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This is necessary to prevent automated signups.

Peršokti į forumą:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Žiurkės.lt | Grįžti į viršų | Grįžti į turinį | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS