Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
hi all!
2008-02-21, 06:37 PM (Paskutinį kartą žinutė koreguota: 2008-02-21 06:40 PM ; Nisia.)
Žinutė: #11
RE: hi all!
Egle, yes, it is crocodile for dogs. They are strongly harmful for some dogs, because dogs don't digest them. In result dogs may be "blocked".
But for rats it is safe (and fattening), because it is made with cereal (grūdai).

Everyone loves Iskierka (me too).
Rasti visas vartotojo žinutes
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-21, 06:57 PM
Žinutė: #12
I love Iskierka too Big Grin She's sooo sweet Wub
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-21, 07:33 PM
Žinutė: #13
I'm totally in love with Iskierka (I guess, I've said that a million times by now :geda2Smile - she's a super star Smile

And... I totally hate the sight of that stick Pinch well, two sticks - do you know which is which? Are they of the same sex?.. Do they have names?
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-21, 07:46 PM
Žinutė: #14
ou. You are taking fotos with a film camara. Smile I'm very intresting in fotography Smile
Nice rats, especially Iskierka and Shamsi.
I think that Alifek is 4-5 years old. How old is he?
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 10:32 AM (Paskutinį kartą žinutė koreguota: 2008-02-22 10:42 AM ; Diabolic.)
Žinutė: #15
Diabolic Rašė:I'm totally in love with Iskierka
Yeah. I asked Diabolic, which photos could be best. She said: Iskierka. So I answered that my question was about photos, not rats. And she said: Iskierka Iskierka.
I hope Diabolic will recognize other my rats now.
Citata: well, two sticks - do you know which is which? Are they of the same sex?.. Do they have names?
In fact this is the same stick. We took out their box one to make some photos.
I don't see the difference, so I can't say which is which or what is their sex. I'm not biologist, so you know...
In fact most of sticks are female. And they reproduce by parthenogenesis (that means egg needn't be fertilized by males). But if egg isn't fertilized, only female is born. When there is any male in surrodings, parthenogenesis doesn't work and eggs must be fertilized.
One female can put 3 eggs per day. New sticks are born after 2-3 months. So, you can imagine, what could happen if they would be left free or if their box wouldn't be disinfected (to kill eggs, not my adult insects Smile ) regularly...
They're fascinating insects. When they grow and they leg is broken, it will grow back after some time.

But, to say the truth, I prefer rats. I like some fur pet near me, to kiss him/her, to touch, to play with, to hug...
Sticks are only knick-knacks, and when they will die, I think I won't keep more sticks.

You also asked about their names. Unless I can't recognize them, everyone has the same name. Malutek (small one) or Patyczek (little stick).
Citata:I'm very intresting in fotography
Well, I'm very poor in photography...
Citata:I think that Alifek is 4-5 years old. How old is he?
In fact, rats live for 2-3 years (approximately). And 3 years old rat is like 100 years old man. You can calculate rat age to human age here: http://www.taletn.com/rats/age/
So, your answer is false. Try again Smile

Some pictures of very young Iskierka and Shamsi. Made by their "grandmother" - breeder at whose home they were born. So, unless they aren't my pictures, I will give you only links.

Iskierka
[Paveiksliukas: Iskra.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: iskra2.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: iskra3.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: iskra4.jpg]

Shamsi
[Paveiksliukas: Indi.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: indi2.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: indi3.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: indi4.jpg]

[Paveiksliukas: indi5.jpg]
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 11:36 AM
Žinutė: #16
Very cute kids Smile
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 12:51 PM
Žinutė: #17
oh myy. iskierka is amazingly beautiful indeed! i just love her ears :}
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 01:00 PM
Žinutė: #18
P.S that doesn't meen that other ratties aren't beautiful as well!
one more thing: the first rat I had lived for about 5 years! and in fact, died not because of a tumor or something, because she had none of them through all of her life, but because she fell on the ground and my dog did something harmful.
So, I believe that your oldy is about 4-5 years. am i right? Smile
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 01:07 PM (Paskutinį kartą žinutė koreguota: 2008-02-22 01:10 PM ; Nisia.)
Žinutė: #19
MildaMilda Rašė:the first rat I had lived for about 5 years!
It is amazing for me, how did they live so long? I met opinion that it is biologically impossible.

Today, at any forum I saw, rats live for 2-3 years. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. Alifek's father died at age 3,5 years. At it was SO long.

Some say that wild rats live longer. In fact, in nature they don't live longer then 1 year. After that they are old and become killed by other rats.
Some people from our forum had wild rats. One lived for 3 years, the rest had tumours in age less then 1 year.

So, no. You aren't right. He is very old but his age is reasonable for today's statistics.
Cituoti šią žinutę
2008-02-22, 02:40 PM
Žinutė: #20
My guess is two and a half years (2.5). Little Iskierka (I adore the name) looks like a princess from Star Wars on the last photo.

About the stick insects, my mom loves them. But I don't get it. Of course, they are fascinating, but I don't think they can be pets. You can't hug them, kiss them and if you sit on it, you even don't feel it - it will be just a squash. They belong to nature.

Friends are like bras; close to the heart and always there for support.
Cituoti šią žinutę

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This is necessary to prevent automated signups.

Peršokti į forumą:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Contact Us | Žiurkės.lt | Grįžti į viršų | Grįžti į turinį | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS